Helloa Overwolf’s friends,
I’m, happy to announce yet another and quick version release. The facebook widget has been redesigned completely and is now wearing the new cool outfit like the rest of our widgets! As always lots of bug fixes and new games become supported such as Project Blackout. Check our new online supported game list for updates!
Thanks for your warm support and great feedback.
Until the next version – Salut!
I’m very happy to tell you guys that the Clark Kent of software programming, Dr. Ezra Hoch, has joined Overwolf, filling the position of VP of R&D. This means that our Magician (Nir) is now CTO. And with Ezra, Gil and Nir on board – we can probably do stuff for NASA… or even better – keep on bringing the good stuff to games!
Now let me tell you guys… this guy can code. He’s been coding since the age 10 (!), was responsible for complex (top secret) intelligence projects, and even did a PhD in Computer science.
Some interesting facts about this guy:
- Favorite games ever: Star control 2 and Master of Orion.
- He likes to read about the Roman Empire.
- Like my grandma, he likes knitting.
On the more personal level, Ezra is also a good friend of mine and we’ve already worked together on several projects. I’m happy to have him on board, and I wish him the best of luck.
Thanks for reading!
Uri Marchand, CEO at Overwolf.
Exciting news, our beloved gamer scoundrels,
Overwolf’s new version is out there, and we’ve got plenty of shiny new updates for you to behold:
1. Ok, because you’ve completely flooded our mail boxes with unfathomable amounts of nagging requests about the video recordings, we present to you the “Full-Size video”, allowing you to record High-Quality videos, while setting the FPS yourself! Can you stop devastating our mails now?
2. A new and better detailed game list, now sorting between OS, and constantly updated with our latest supported games. So make sure to obsessively look for your favorite game, BLANK!
3. Speaking of games, we’ve read some of your mails (yes, we can read), and we now support some of your most requested games, such as Age of Conan, MapleStory, and more!
4. The incredible Youtube widget! Now you can navigate through your favorite Youtube videos, such as the unholy “Nyan Cat”, with extra ease and without ever leaving your game!
5. Don’t want Overwolf’s dock (the little half circle thingy stuck to the side) to expand while hovering over it? We understand… You can now choose to open Overwolf’s dock with a click instead, and watch the magic in action. (Just configure this in settings > General).
And don’t forget the usual bug fixes and other technobabble that they never fully explain to me.
Rock on guys…. Rock on to the max.